Chablis Premier Cru
Appellation Premier Cru
100 % Chardonnay.
Kimmeridgian marl & limestone.
Average age of the vines
Stainless steel tanks between 17° and 21°C.
12 months in stainless steel, on lees.
Between 10° & 12° C.
This vineyard is situated on the left bank of the Serein river, and has an ideal south-westerly aspect. The soils of the left bank are less clay-like than those of the right bank. This wine is one of the most highly-rated left-bank Chablis.
Tasting and food pairings
The Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2015 is a pure and focused wine. The nose is cool and airy with delicate notes of white flowers and fruit. With the 2015 vintage, the wine shows riper fruit than usual with notes closer to apricot or peach rather than citrus while keeping its usual Chablis fresh mineral backbone. The mouth is elegant, well-balanced with a cool and sappy finish.
Drink with: seafood, grilled fish and white meats in sauces
- Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2014 - Wine Advocate - 90/100.
The 2014 Chablis 1Er Cru Vaillons has a very perfumed, floral bouquet with dandelion and rose petals infusing the citrus fruit. The palate is crisp and poised with commendable acidity, cohesive in the mouth with impressive tension and focus on the finish. Another fine Chablis from Simonet-Febvre. Drink 2016-2024.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Vaillons" 2014 - International Chardonnay Symposium Wine Competition - July 2016 - Double Gold Medal
"Best Unoaked Chardonnay - Double Gold Medal"
- Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2014 - Sommelier Wine Awards 2016 - Silver medal
- Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2014 - International Wine Challenge 2016 - Bronze medal
- Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons 2014 - Decanter World Wine Awards 2016 - Silver medal - 91 points